Saturday, April 4, 2020

The Universe Reads My Blog

I think the universe was trying to tell me something when I wrote my blog post yesterday. A few hours after I posted it I experienced my own external and internal stressor. It happened when I went to change position in my wheelchair by tilting back. All of the sudden my chair stopped, and I was stuck in a tilted position. My screen that shows drive, seating, speed adjust, profile etc. turned blue and showed an error code saying, “Bad Cable”.

I’ve known about this saying on my chair before and had my wheelchair company check it out earlier this year. They switched out a cable that was being pinched off, but there was still another one that was causing the error code to show up. Despite that, the wheelchair was still working so the company said they would order another cable and get it to me when they could. Then the whole coronavirus issue slowed everything down and they said it would take longer for them to get out here.

Back to my story about yesterday, after I realized that I wasn’t going to be able to move my chair, I called the company and they said they couldn’t get anyone out until Monday! I told them that wouldn’t work because I was literally “STUCK” and that it was an emergency situation. After calling three separate times and talking to three different people, I finally got someone to understand me. He told me that they could have someone come out when they got done with their route (which was about an hour.)

It happened around 3:15 PM, they got to my house around 5 PM and took about an hour for them to switch out the bad cable. So therefore, I was in the same position for almost 3 hours. For anybody that’s a long time but being paralyzed from the neck down, for me I change position using my wheelchair at least every 30 minutes. They still have to change another cable but were able to bypass it for now until they’re able to get it.

I’m just grateful that it’s working. It was a stressful situation physically and emotionally. All I could think about was going back to what I wrote how stress plays a part in our lives. It has happened before, where I got stuck in a tilted position, but hopefully that won’t ever happen again.

Jenni

1 comment:

Jay said...

That's a great tittle maybe the best ever :)