Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter at a Distance

Happy Easter everyone! This year was a little different than the usual Easter. Usually we host Easter and have family over for dinner. However, not being able to be together during times like this proves to be a challenge. So, my family and I had to come up with a more creative way of getting together. We ended up doing a “social distance Easter basket hunt”.


Yesterday my mom hid Easter baskets in our yard. Then my sister, her boyfriend and niece came over and from a distance I watched my niece search for them. I thought it was a great idea. Also, my sister came up with this idea to put painter’s
tape on the sidewalk in a mosaic pattern. Then they colored in the spots with chalk and peeled up the tape! It also was a sunny, 60° day which was perfect weather for being outside. Even my dog Brody came outside to enjoy the sunshine with us. After a little while, I took him for a half-hour walk. (Last time I took him to the vet, he said Brody needed to lose a little weight.) The reason we did Easter yesterday was because today it is cold and snowing out.

It’s been difficult not being able to be close to friends and family. Also, not being able to go places has been hard as well. The self-isolation can have a negative effect on people’s mind and body. I have been trying to find different and creative ways to entertain myself by watching movies, playing games, face timing with friends etc. I'm going to try to paint sometime soon as well. Hopefully my mind can stay busy enough so I don't go insane. I found being able to see my sister and niece in person while abiding by the 6-foot rule was very helpful and exciting.

Finished product!

Jenni

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

I hope you show a picture of the mosaic without lines. I bet its beautiful.

Jenni said...

The bottom picture of the Mosaic is the finished product without the tape.