Thursday, January 9, 2020

The S-Pod

My wheelchair that I have now (received in August 2016) has many features on it. I have blogged about how it has the capability to stand along with elevate, tilt and recline. Although since I’ve been having problems with my knees, I haven’t been able to stand. Not standing has caused some uncomfortableness within the rest of my body and I’ve still been retaining fluid.
 

Although as new technology arrives, I’m reminded of how many changes in society we go through. I received an email about "Segway’s new self-balancing vehicle". It doesn’t require you to stand up like their self-standing one. "Dubbed the S-Pod, the new egg-shaped two-wheeler from Segway-Ninebot is meant to let people sit while they effortlessly cruise around campuses, theme parks, airports, and maybe even cities."

It also has a 24 mile an hour mile an hour speed limit. I thought this was a great new, invention especially because it is shaped like a wheelchair. It seems like someone who needs to sit all the time could also use it.

Jenni


No comments: