Tuesday, January 21, 2020

My Blog: Highlighting Top Posts

Within this day and age, it seems like virtually every company, artist or individual has a blog. As for me blogging is a way to provide information to others along with creating a stronghold on specific topics related to myself and spinal cord injuries. In a sense, my blog is a good representation of what I stand for making it unique to me. My goal is to share my story, giving others a glimpse into the life of a quadriplegic.

There are many ways in which I develop my blog posts and ideas. Sometimes I just type into Google "blog post ideas" and I get a variety of lists. Other times it’s from people’s comments, questions or thoughts. I encourage people to ask questions and explore their thoughts with me. By covering every angle of a question, I can usually create a post. Occasionally, I will do an update post to let people know how I’m doing or what I’ve been up to.


Over the years, my blogging career has changed. I believe I’ve gotten better at writing because of it. Also, I have found a niche as to what I believe my readers want to hear from me. By doing this I’ve perfected my style and created specific topics to showcase all sides. I don’t copy other bloggers alike in this case being my own authentic self.

I’ve learned that building a successful blog takes time. Some of my top blog posts are when I share updates about myself and when I talk about sharing my story with others. Below are links to some of the top posts created and visited:

Sharing My Story


Strength from Within

Getting Taller
 
Trach 101
 
Speaking after My Accident

My Body: Spasms and Pain

True Friendships

My Big Day

Ms. Wheelchair America Contest 2012

Obstacles in the Community: Sidewalk Ramps

Spasticity & Muscle Spasms

Regulating Body Temperature

Overcoming Challenges

Neck Brace

My Ventilator

Why I Get Botox

Life As a Quad I: The Basics

No comments: