Saturday, March 23, 2019

Before and After

My dog Brody turned 7 in December. I can’t believe how quickly time flies. He doesn’t show any signs of slowing down and still plays with toys every so often. I still try to take him for a "walk and roll" whenever I get a chance. It depends on the weather and how I’m feeling respiratory wise. Lately it’s been nice outside with temperatures close to 50°F.

One thing that’s difficult with taking him during this time of year is that the snow starts to melt. Because he’s mostly white, his hair tends to get dirty quickly, especially if it’s long. I’ve mentioned before that as a Chinese Crested Powder Puff that he has hair not fur so it grows. We take him to the groomers to get his hair cut every couple of months or so. He also gets a bath and is nails trimmed.

Since it was winter, cold and wet I couldn’t remember the last time he got a haircut. That is until last week when he got a good spring trim! I’m not sure if he likes going to the groomers or not, but when he comes home, he gets so excited. Sometimes he acts like a puppy again and runs around then tries to get on my lap like he’s thanking me. Now when I take Brody outside, he doesn’t get as wet or dirty. I posted photos of him before and after.

Brody before

Brody after


Jenni

No comments: