Thursday, April 18, 2019

Why I Started My Blog


The reason I started my blog was to replace my old CaringBridge website. It was to be filled with updates about me, pictures, links, stories, interesting facts, quotes, and much more. I realize those are a lot of topics to cover all-in-one site. Although since my first post in 2008 and this being the 537th, it’s become more than what it set out to be.

I’ve been told by many in person, anonymously, through comments on my site and more how much they liked reading what I have to say. I realized that my blog not only helped reach the lives of others, but also became like a diary to me. It feels good to be able to express myself while inspiring others. It’s so much fun to post my writings and opinions. The first month was going to be a trial to see how I liked it. Of course, that didn’t turn out to be the case!


I try to make my blog unique by adding a variety of different posts. All of them based on things I like along with info and updates about me. I wrote a blog post in 2013 about another milestone made in my life. It was about my blog reaching 100,000 visitors. A huge feat that I never knew I could or would accomplish. Now with almost 370,000 website views and 940 comments later, it’s the highlight of what I enjoy doing.


When it comes to talking about subjects about me, I am pretty much open to anything. I have found that conversations go the more intriguing questions you ask. You also get to know the person more when doing so. For example: what inspires you? What are you passionate about?

Is there anything you would like me to write about or are interested in knowing? If so, please leave a comment.

Jenni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni,

Have you ever considered a diaphragm pacer? Heather over at 'Paralyzed with Joy' has one and it seems she has a lot more freedom of movement as she's not connected to a bulky ventilator. Perhaps your particular condition means you are not eligible for this device? I'd like to know more.

Regards,
Fiona