Thursday, March 7, 2019

Injections Again

I went to an appointment to get Botox injections again today. I’ve been doing it for the past 10 years now, and I’m starting to feel it wear off faster than usual. The last couple of times they used an added drug that helps with pain along with the Botox. I found that the drug they added helps make it last longer. This is a good thing since I still have to wait to get injections every 3 months.

Also, PHS came out to my house and removed my PICC line. It’s too bad that the process for taking it out is so simple yet putting it in such a hassle. I have to transfer onto a table at the hospital so they can use an ultrasound machine to place it. When they remove it, someone trained can just take off the bandage and it easily pulls out.

Onto a different topic, I believe I’m developing seasonal depression during these winter months. It’s so difficult for me to get outside, take Brody for a walk, or even go to places other than doctor appointments. It doesn’t help when the weather is bad or I’m sick with a respiratory infection. Hopefully it’s just a phase and once the season changes so will my feelings.

Jenni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
What kind of doctor does the botox injections? I found your blog googling to see if this was even a possibility, and I'm so happy to see not only that it is but that it works and after 10 years there have been no complications for you (that's so great, it must be a relief!). I'm not sure which doctor to ask about it, I brought it up to one person and they just looked at me like "why do you want to get rid of wrinkles in your hip?" as if that were the reason!
Thank you for your blog, even if you don't reply this has been inspiring and helpful.