Friday, December 1, 2017

Having Strength

This sign hangs above my doorway. It just proves how strong I am just by the biblical meaning of my name!

I always thought of myself as being a strong person, especially after I had my accident. The strength that came about wasn’t just from physical or mental, but from others encouragement towards my recovery beyond. It gave me peace of mind knowing that there were people helping me to get through the tough processes that got me down. These are some of the reasons why it’s easier for me to help others in need get through theirs as well.

This is one of the main components to why I try my hardest to get out and do public speaking. To encourage others that no matter what happens, life can go on. That despite your current situation there may be other solutions to a problem. It brings me to my conclusion that things happen for a reason. I’ve always tried to maintain this positive outlook and share my presence in life.

I can’t even count how many times I’ve done public speaking events or spoken to others. My favorite is talking to kids; they have so many questions and are very curious. Plus I get to teach them at an early age that even though someone has a disability, it doesn’t mean they don’t have abilities as well. I have even gone back to my elementary, junior high and high school to speak.

My motto is to believe in the ability to figure things out. There will be a better tomorrow, even if it’s a struggle, be okay with it, and over time things will work out. By bringing the fun into the situation proactively, even if I have those feelings of doubt, I’m patient and allow myself to be persistent in my action as well as move past my struggles. While loving others in similar situations, I amplify and respect them; accept them for who they are and appreciate the differences.

Jenni



 

No comments: