Sunday, January 1, 2012

Here's to the New Year

As I look back on 2011, I think about all of my accomplishments and the great opportunities that came about.

In April I was crowned Ms. Wheelchair Minnesota 2011. Throughout my reign so far I've given multiple speeches, attended some amazing events, and made an impact during our state shut down. I also met with the attorney general, Lori Swanson, and got a private tour of the capital. I'm grateful for the chance to help and inspire others and for this experience. With three more months to go in 2012, I hope to continue being a role model and making an impact on others.

In August I was able to take my first plane ride since my accident. It took a lot of planning, fundraising, and hard work but I did it and I'm so glad. I flew to Grand Rapids, Michigan to take place in the Ms. wheelchair America 2012 pageant where I received fourth runner-up. Another big accomplishment in my book!

I believe throughout 2011 I changed in ways I never thought I would. I became even more confident in myself. I switched up my wardrobe from casual tees, hoodies and sweats to jeans and business attire. My routine is different now; I stay up in my wheelchair 3 to 4 hours longer than I did before. I also found love in my life and have never been more happy than I am now! I continue to smile each day and look ahead to what the days and years coming will bring.

So here's to the new year-2012. May it bring more joy and fulfillment to my life. I hope to accomplish many more things and continue growing.

Jenni

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenni and Happy New Year. Enjoying your blog! Blogger friend, colleen
www.wheelchairlady.blogspot.com

T said...

Jenni - Have you ever thought about writing a book!? It'd be an amazing experience and also something that I think a lot of people would love to read (espeacially me!) Happy NYE Honey xx