Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ride of a Lifetime


A couple of weeks ago I went for a ride in the sidecar. I put a picture above but the video still needs a little bit of editing. That's why it's taken me so long to put a post up about my ride. I thought I would just put a picture up so you can at least believe me. I'd been talking about going in the sidecar for at least two years now. It took a while to plan, but I finally did it! I had so much fun! They lifted me out of my wheelchair and into the sidecar using a Hoyer lift. My nurse took my ventilator off of my wheelchair and put it in the trunk. I know that sounds dangerous, but it was actually really secure in there. We only went down the street and back. I would definitely do it again. I will hopefully get the video on my blog soon, but if for some reason I don't, I will upload it onto YouTube and give you a link to it.

Jenni

9 comments:

Teoni said...

Ahh; I am excited to see the video - looks immense.

Matthew Smith said...

Have you got a YouTube channel yet?

Also, I watched your MCPF keynote the other day - it was great to see some footage of you speaking and kind of wished you could have spoken a bit longer. The thing is, a 1-gigabyte MPEG download is a bit long - it took nearly two hours to download! Perhaps it could be split up and posted on YouTube in bits. Would MCPF give permission for that?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a blast. What a beautiful bike!

quekjl86 said...

wow really cool... see that u had a great time :) looking forward to watchin the video

jialiang

Rai said...

sounds really cool, bet it was real fun too :) and nice shades also

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen, Great picture.it's like reading the book and you can hardly wait for the movie. Hope you get it figured out.

Grandpa

Greg (Accessible Hunter) said...

too cool, take me next

Matthew Smith said...

Greg, I don't think there's room in the sidecar for you and Jenni!

Steph said...

ahh I LOVE IT!!! you look pretty cool Jen! :) Let's hang out soon...what days are you free?