Monday, August 9, 2021

Update

Things have been going great at ABLE. After only seven weeks of intense working out twice a week, I now can sit on the side of the mat unassisted and move myself side to side and back-and-forth (almost like a sit up, only not while laying down). Also, if someone pulls my right arm forward on my armrest, I can pull it back by myself. These are all new things that I couldn’t do before ABLE. I’m very excited with my progress along with newly gained strength and can’t wait to see I can do from here on out. I posted some videos below.


Since being in the hospital to try to find the source of my edema, I’ve lost over 20 pounds of fluid. I guess they were right about my seizure medication being the source of my water weight gain. I feel so much better, and people have been noticing a significant difference as well. There is more fluid that I could lose over time, and I believe ABLE will help with that.

At the beginning of this month, I went to the orthopedic surgeon to get both of my legs checked out. Since I injured my left knee in the middle of 2018, it healed up for about a year after wearing a knee brace but has been bothering me for the past year. At the beginning of 2019, I fractured my tibia on my right leg. A couple weeks ago while doing ABLE, I believe I reinjured my right leg somehow. I’m not sure which part is injured I just know that something is not right about it because my leg spasms and was bruised. It also won’t straighten out.

After getting to my appointment, I had to wait 50 minutes to see the doctor. I talked to him for roughly 15 minutes for him to tell me that in order to see what’s wrong, that I would have to get an MRI and x-rays on both legs. Exactly what I thought before going to my appointment. Then I waited 45 more minutes for my transportation driver to come bring me home. I thought it was a waste of time, but then again, he had to check it out in order to make his decision.

The soonest I could get an MRI was 19 August. I have a follow-up video appointment with the orthopedic surgeon the second week of September. I’ll post an update after I get the results and whatever action he wants to take going forward. I also have an appointment with my pulmonologist at the end of this month. It’s just one of the yearly visits I need, just like a checkup. I usually have them for most of my doctors, either yearly or every other year. I have so many doctors for every need that I can’t even count them.

My family has been doing good. My sister’s birthday is August 11 and oldest niece’s birthday is August 16; she will be eight years old. My other niece will be 1 years old in October. Oh, how quickly they age! Other family birthdays will be coming up in October as well, including mine. Also, I have been getting outside and taking Brody for walks as much as possible. Although the temperature these past couple of months have been in the 80s and 90s with high humidity, which makes it a little and comfortable.

Avery and Madilyn beginning of July

That’s all for this month’s updates. I will update more next month as things progress.

Jenni

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you are doing well in the ABLE program. That has to be so exciting. Thanks for the update! I'll continue prayers for you and in making more progress. Tell Brody I still love him and I'm proud of how he takes care of you. Blessings.

Unknown said...

Jenny I am so proud of you. You made me cry of happiness. Keep up the good work. I know you can do it. Love always Heidi