Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Botox Appointment

Yesterday I went to Gillette and got Botox in my neck along with the top of my shoulders. I had to get transportation to take me all the way to St. Paul which is about 30 minutes away because the Gillette in Minnetonka (10 minutes away) closed. When I called last week to schedule the ride, they told me that they’re having all passengers wear masks. I also was told that I needed to wear one going to the clinic as well.

I hadn’t been out of the house, other than my daily walk and rolls with Brody, since the use of masks were required. I was fine with it and didn’t think much of it until about 10 minutes before I was to leave. My nurse got one of my cloth masks that I had and I was about to put it on when it suddenly dawned on me. How was I going to wear it and drive my wheelchair at the same time using my sip and puff straw?

After a minute of questioning myself I had to do some quick thinking. Luckily I had some paper masks in the house. My nurse cut a tiny hole in the middle of the mask just big enough for the straw to fit in so I could still drive my chair. One problem was it restricted my vision a little bit, so it was harder for me to figure out navigation wise where my wheels were. Also, I didn’t realize how hot the masks are. It’s a good thing I only breathe out my mouth and not in as well.

The appointment itself went well. I don’t feel instant relief; it takes a few days for it to kick in. I scheduled my next Botox appointment for this October.

Jenni

No comments: