Sunday, March 22, 2020

The COVID-19 Pandemic

Out of the last 17 years of being a quad on a vent, I’ve experienced many things. My life is full of ups and downs, and I have full-time caregivers helping with my every need. Now I know that the coronavirus can be serious, especially if someone in my situation got it. My nurses, PCAs and family are taking precautions to ensure my safety. I also haven’t gone out in public, other than my daily 30-minute walk and rolls with my dog, Brody.

The country is taking extreme measures to slow down the outbreak by canceling sporting and cultural events, concerts, television shows, movie premieres etc. Also, each state is taking their own precautions by closing schools, restaurants (take out only), retail stores and more. There are also states that are on complete lockdown, ordering people to stay at home as much as possible. However, people are encouraged to get outside for daily exercise and fresh air.

People are also doing what they can in case they end up not being able to get supplies by stocking up on daily necessities. Questions to my readers: have you or anyone you know gotten the coronavirus? What do you think about it? What have you been doing in preparation?

Jenni

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Jenni, I run a day program for adults with intellectual disabilities, such as autism in Illinois. We were mandated to close. Staff have been deep cleaning for a week. I had to lay off my first employee in 30 years.

My wish is that everyone shelters in at the most extreme level possible. If you don't need it, stay home.

Keep posting. Take care of yourself. My utmost kudos to your caretakers. ❤ (Have read your blog for years. Thank you.)

Jenni said...

Sorry to hear that! I feel bad for all the people who work at companies that are forced to close and get laid off. Thanks for reading and commenting.