Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving

These turkeys live in the neighborhood year-round.
They mostly hang out at this house because the lady that lives in it feeds them.
By the way, I took this photo on Thanksgiving day!

All in a Word

T for time to be together, turkey, talk, and tangy weather.
H for harvest stored away, home, and hearth, and holiday.
A for autumn's frosty art, and abundance in the heart.
N for neighbors, and November, nice things, new things to remember.
K for kitchen, kettles' croon, kith and kin expected soon.
S for sizzles, sights, and sounds, and something special that abounds.
That spells ~~~THANKS---for joy in living and a jolly good Thanksgiving.
-Aileen Fisher

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love the food and the time spent with the family. Today we're hosting it at our house. The house smells wonderful! I am also excited for apple pie (after I stuff my face with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and peas.). I hope all of you are having a wonderful day and are surrounded by people you love because today is the day to give thanks.

I know that not everyone who is reading this lives in a place where they have a Thanksgiving, but I can guarantee that most people have something that they are thankful for. I'm thankful to be alive and here today celebrating life; also thankful for all the wonderful people who have supported me and been with me throughout. This means good health, life, my family, and friends. What are you thankful for?

Jenni

"Regardless of our situation, no matter if we are battling disease and illness, or suffering the loss of a loved one, or faced with under-employment and economic distress, or other problems in our lives, we all have many things for which to be grateful."
-Jim West

No comments: