Thursday, June 30, 2011

Update on Government Shutdown

It is highly unlikely that an agreement will happen before July 1. I saw on the Internet that they weren't even going to be discussing anything today. Yesterday the judge came to a decision on where most of the state funding will go during the government shutdown. She decided to keep funding for medical assistance programs. This is big news! The woman who called me to let me know manages Key Medical, the supply company that I got my wheelchair from. She was in the courtroom that day that I was there. She thanked me for going because she said just by showing up that I made a difference. That felt really good to know that I could help in that way and that I made an impact. Hopefully the shutdown won't last very long because it will definitely affect a lot of people.

Jenni

No comments: