Friday, May 13, 2011

Please Help Support

As many of you know on April 11, 2011 I was crowned Ms. wheelchair Minnesota. This is a huge honor and I am happy to be an advocate for people with disabilities. I'm very excited for this role and eager to get started with my events. This includes going to nationals and competing in the Ms. wheelchair America contest in Michigan August 1 through August 7.

I'm trying to raise money so that I can get to nationals this fall and represent the great state of Minnesota. We have estimated that it will probably cost around $8000. This would include hotel, flight, food, events etc. for me, three nurses and family. This is a big expense and the sooner we can come up with the money the better.

Please help me by donating whatever you can to my cause, no matter how big or small. If you have a company that would like to donate their name will be put on the sponsors list in the packet at nationals. Ms. wheelchair Minnesota is a nonprofit organization so all donations can be used as a tax write off. (If you wish to do so, please indicate and a letter will be sent to you).

Checks can be made out to:
Ms. Wheelchair Minnesota

Checks can be sent to:
2400 Lorien St.
Minnetonka, MN 55305
or…
9720 Humboldt Ave S
Bloomington, MN 55431

We're also planning on holding a fundraiser mid-June. The money for this will be used not only for nationals but also for all events during my year-long reign as Ms. wheelchair Minnesota. If anyone has anything they would like to donate for a silent auction let me know. Also, if anyone has any suggestions or knows of anyone who can help with this please let me know as well.

Thanks for your support!

Jenni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an honor for you. You will be a great representative for the Sate of Minnesota!! A check is on the way. Go girl!