Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Little Bit of This and That…

School is over now for this semester. I received an A in both my stress management class and in my intercultural communications class. They were pretty good classes and I learned a lot, especially when it came to managing my stress. Soon I'm going to sign up for a class or two for the fall semester but I'm not sure what I'm going to take yet.

In the last couple days the weather here has been extremely nice. I've been going outside trying to get a tan before nationals. It feels good to get some fresh air and vitamin D. It just makes me a happier person after being out and about enjoying the sun.

Speaking of nationals, I'm trying to get all my information together so I can send in the first two packets of three by May 24. We have enough money to cover the first half of the entry fee (also due the 24th) but that still leaves us with a large amount that were trying to get donated. I need to book the tickets ASAP before the prices start raising even more. I've got a few confirmations from people and companies who can make some bigger donations, but I haven't seen too much money yet. Hopefully everything will fall together smoothly.

My sister will be in AmeriCorps until July 23, which is exactly one week before I leave for Michigan. I'm so excited that she will be able to come with me since she's missed a lot of events and activities already. Recently her group started a project on a nature reserve/Park in Bonners ferry, Idaho. I looked it up online and I saw all the stunning scenery. I'm so jealous!

Everything else is going good. I kind of feel like I should be more productive but I guess you could say I'm "taking it easy" for a couple weeks. I need some rest before all my events of the summer as my reign of Ms. wheelchair Minnesota 2011 continue.

Jenni

No comments: