Thursday, May 21, 2020

Lifting Orders

Despite the number of coronavirus cases rising, Minnesota’s stay-at-home order expired on May 18. Although it extended many restrictions on public gatherings including eating at restaurants and in-service religious services until June 1. That means most retail businesses are open at either 25% or 50% capacity under safety guidelines. Small social gatherings are permitted with 10 or fewer people. These orders have varied from state to state, with some opening their doors earlier.

I’m hoping to go out somewhere soon. The only thing is the more I start venturing out, the more risk I have of becoming exposed. Even though I could figure out a way to maintain distance, I mostly would be worried about other people coming close to me. That’s why starting with somewhere like the mall would be good because it’s more open than a regular store. Next month I have some doctor appointments scheduled, but that’s another month still.

Right now, I have been trying to get outside as much as possible when the weather is nice and warm. That way I at least get a different view along with fresh air other than just inside my house. Hopefully by the end of the year, everything will be open. Although I’ve seen that a lot of stores have gone out of business because of having to be shut down and not maintaining revenue.

Jenni

No comments: