Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Searching for Feedback

I’ve realized that one reason I created this blog is so that no one would feel alone. So that people would feel like they either had someone to look up to, something to look forward to, a person to help make their life worth living, or just lose their way in the life of someone else just trying to live theirs. Since my accident I had thought of myself as a person with a disability-never the other way around. I always strive to look on the positive side and even on my down days seem to find a glimmer of hope.

Lately, I haven’t written on my blog as frequently as I did when I first started it. Some parts were not really having the time, possibly fighting off illnesses or getting sidetracked with other tasks. Another part is I’m not sure how many other ways I can share my story. From this I get a great sense of satisfaction knowing that I could potentially be helping someone else along the way. I also treat it as a diary, to unleash my deepest thoughts; except it’s not so secret because hundreds of people could be reading it.


Very few know that it takes a lot of time and effort to write one single blog post. In the beginning it wasn’t as hard to write because it was all so new, I had many things to say. Since 2008, when I started my blog, it has been getting harder finding topics to talk about or share. As a result, I end up going a while between postings. Nowadays it takes me a couple of days, a week or even a month to finish. Also, I haven’t had that same feeling of satisfaction after writing a post like I did when I started. I suppose this could be another reason why it’s harder to write and finish a whole post.

I wrote a post in 2013 sharing that I’ve kept a tracker on my blog so that I as well as others could see how many people have read my writings, left comments and maybe have been inspired by what I said. Over the years, I would write a blog post every time I hit a certain milestone of visitors. Knowing the number of people reading my blog, I’ve encouraged all of you to pass my blog onto others. The more people that I can share my story with the better!

As you may tell by now, I’ve been stumped lately with ideas about posts to write about. I want to get ideas flowing and the inspiration back that I had in the beginning. One thing that helps is when people leave comments on my blog about how I impact them in some way or if they have questions when they read my writings. Maybe if I propose questions like, is there anything that I haven’t talked about that you would want to know about me? Is there something that I’ve written about that has helped you in some way?

I’m looking forward to hearing what people have to say by commenting. My goal is to reach as many people as possible.

Jenni

6 comments:

Jay said...

Just want to leave a comment your blog defiantly helps people with spinal cord injuries see there not alone. Your truly a voice for the disabled community. I can't speak for everyone but your blog has helped me a lot. Thank you

Jenni said...

Thank you for your comment! It really does help to know that I make an impact on others.

Adelaide Dupont said...

Thanks Jenni,

I do appreciate making a blog post takes effort.

Especially after Bill Peace and Carrie Lucas died.

Thank you for THE SITE THAT BREATHES.

Found you from Cheryl Gottlieb's place.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a sci but I have other problems, and your story has inspired me profoundly. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Unknown said...

Hi Jenni. I don't have sci or health issues of this nature but I've followed your blog for a few years as I'm interested in your life and how courageous you are. I would love to know more about how sci incorporates into your relationships and how, or if, those with sci meet with others in the same situation. Becky in the UK.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni. You are definitely an inspiration for many people. Thank you for sharing your story.