Monday, August 19, 2013

Just Call Me Auntie Jenni

I know the blog posts this year have been far and few. Lately I’ve been getting emails and messages asking for updates. Since I stopped blogging altogether, it’s been hard to start up again because I feel like I’m playing catch up. Every time I start writing I get stuck with what to say because there’s so much. A lot has gone on in the past few months and I know I won’t be able to fit it all in one post. That’s something I had to realize while starting this one. However, there is one thing that trumps everything else.

The most exciting news is that I became an aunt! My sister was originally due September 7. However, on August 15 her water broke. She went into the hospital and after waiting all day, she was finally induced. It lasted through the night, but I’m happy to say that she delivered a healthy baby girl. Avery Jean was born August 16, 2013 at 5:56 AM; she weighed in at 6 lbs. 15 oz. and is 20 ½ inches long.

My sister came home from the hospital yesterday. She took 12 weeks off at her work, so she’s been hanging out at home. I’m really enjoying spending time with mom and baby! Being an aunt is a very enjoyable experience. I’m so excited for the months and years to come when I get to spoil her rotten and not feel bad when I hand her back to mom! I posted a couple of pictures below for you to see.

Only 12 hours old… So precious!

First day home from the hospital!

Now that I’m getting a rhythm back, I’ll definitely catch you up with what I’ve been doing and feeling all summer.

Jenni

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
― Albert Einstein

No comments: