Friday, July 6, 2012

Hot and Humid

I finished my first online summer class, Cultural Anthropology last Friday. I ended up with a B in the class which is pretty good considering how much work and how hard it was. Summer classes at Normandale are only five weeks long compared to 16 weeks in a regular semester. On Monday I started my Principles of Marketing class for the second summer session. This one's only five weeks as well, and is proving to be just as difficult. I'll definitely be busy the rest of the summer. I can tell I've been spending more days inside than last summer because I'm not as tan as I was at this point.

On Wednesday, July 4 my boyfriend, Blake, came over to hang out. We were going to go see fireworks but it was way too hot outside. It reached 100°F and has been around that temperature the last few days. Instead we stayed in the air-conditioning and watched a movie. It isn't supposed to be that hot tomorrow, so maybe we'll go out somewhere. Since he lives at least 45 min. away we only see each other about once a week (usually Saturdays); bonus this week though because he came over for the fourth! August 1 he's going to be moving to an apartment in St. Paul which is only about 25 min. away. That's a big difference on gas usage, especially when he'll be able to take the bus or Metro Mobility if need be. He usually comes over for about 8 to 10 hours at a time because of the drive, which is great since it's hard when we're apart.

Now it's time for me to go back to studying for my quiz. Good luck to me!

Jenni

No comments: