Thursday, March 1, 2012

Endings and Opportunities

Wow! I can't believe it's already March. My logic class at Normandale will be finished at the end of this month and then I just have short stories online until May. That will free up a lot of my time when I only have to focus on one class. I just have three more classes to take after these two until I get my Associates in arts with an emphasis in communications. I'm planning on taking one this summer and two this fall, then graduation! I know it's going to feel great to be done, but at the same time I've been going to college for the past six years and it will be hard when it comes time to break the routine. I'm excited though to start a new chapter and find a job that I love. Throughout this past year I've gotten a lot of experience and opportunities that will definitely help me when it comes time to dive into a career.

The Ms. Wheelchair Minnesota 2012 pageant is coming up April 2. I feel the same way about this as I do school; the end will be bittersweet. Unfortunately, the rules state that I can't try out again but I'm okay with that. Like I was saying, the experience and opportunities I've gained from this have been very rewarding and I'm grateful that I had the chance to do something great and worthwhile. I still have a month left of my reign and probably shouldn't say my goodbyes to it yet, so I'll save the rest of my spiel until after I pass the crown. I will say though, that I'm still looking for events and places to speak at before April so if you have any ideas or suggestions let me know.

I still have a lot to talk about so more tomorrow…

Jenni

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
-Dr. Seuss

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
-Albert Einstein

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
-Douglas Adams

No comments: